AN UPDATE ON THE LOCAL COVID-19 VACCINATION PROGRAMME
Please find below an update on our local vaccination programme and some answers to frequently asked questions. Please be aware that it is not possible to answer all comments, however, we thought providing some further insight maybe useful to our local residents.
- We recently relocated our vaccination centre to The Ramada Hotel, Kenilworth under the guidance of NHS England. We have administered over 70,000 vaccines to date.
- We are continuing to invite patients by age. If you are in any of the eligible groups already invited and have not yet received your vaccination you can book through the National Booking service (Book a coronavirus vaccination - NHS (www.nhs.uk) or by calling 119).
- We send out texts to mobile phone numbers as one method of communication to our patients. We are aware that not all have mobile phone numbers however if you do, it is useful to have this added to your file. You can do so at https://www.avonsidehealthcentre.nhs.uk/changedetails. We will also continue to phone patient’s landlines as well as using other forms of communication to ensure we reach everyone during these unprecedented times.
- A new email address has been set up by our local Clinical Commissioning Group for questions from the public about the vaccine programme email@example.com
- Updated information is also available on the CCG website via https://www.southwarwickshireccg.nhs.uk/Your-Health/COVID-19-Vaccination
We are aware that these are challenging times for all and we hope that people find the above useful. We ask you to please remain patient, we are rolling out this programme to a very large number of people and we have our patients’ best interests at heart. Our phone lines are incredibly busy at the moment and as has been the message from when we started vaccinating - all patients will be invited to be booked in when we have vaccines available. We are encouraged on a daily basis by the support of our local community and how we all look after each other.